Proprietary USB3 PCIe controller that works together with DS-4000 to allow imaging of unstable USB2/USB3 hard drives.
The data recovery industry is seeing more and more drives with a USB interface. As a result, imaging processes for unstable/degraded USB drives (especially those that have an onboard USB connector) are becoming a concern for many data recovery companies.
Good news! Finally, after such a long time without a proper imaging solution for USB drives, DeepSpar is introducing a professional data recovery tool built specifically for USB drives.
The USB Add-on for DeepSpar Disk Imager 4 is the industry's first USB hardware imager that implements native USB support. By bypassing BIOS/OS, it has full control over imaging processes for USB drives, nearly at the same level as for ATA drives: the add-on enables multiple passes with sector map, read sector timeout, effective and timely device resets, drive repower, and more.
The USB Add-on allows DeepSpar Disk Imager 4 users to:
- Image USB 2.0/3.0 drives with an onboard USB connector (such as Western Digital, Seagate, Samsung, and Toshiba USB 2.5” drives) or drives mounted in a USB enclosure
- Support communication to USB 2.0/3.0 drives via the Mass Storage Device Bulk-Only Transport and ATA-over-USB protocols
- Image by heads for Western Digital USB drives
- Unlock password protected Western Digital USB drives (locked by WD SmartWare) with a known user password
- Access hidden USB LBAs (security area) located at the end of Western Digital drives
- Support ATA commands over USB, such as Disable SMART operations (Drive Pre-configuration) and Drive Sleep Mode
- Support an extensive USB-SCSI Error Messaging system for extra diagnostics of the drive
- Achieve maximum data transfer speeds for USB 3.0 drives using smaller read blocks (imaging speed up to 120MB/s with real-time MD5 hashing)
- Implement a native USB read-only (write-block) mode